Chicken ChiliJan 09, 2022
Alex made this for me when we were dating and it may have won me over and solidified our relationship, haha just kidding. BUT it is one of my favorite recipes that he makes and is absolutely perfect for a cold winter night.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2, 15 oz cans creamed corn
- 3, 15 oz cans white beans
- 1, 15 oz can chick peas, pureed
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2, 8 oz cans green chili
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Heat 1/2 stick of butter and 1/3 cup of flower. Cook over medium heat, for 4-5 minutes constantly stirring to avoid burning.
- Warm extra virgin olive oil in a large pot on med/high heat.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and bay leaves and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and onion stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent and the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add stock, creamed corn, green chili, purée chick peas, and white beans.
- Bring to a slow boil and reduce heat to low/simmer.
- Cook on low for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If not at desired thickness, add in 1 tbsp roux and allow to simmer. Repeat as needed.
Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream, some of your favorite shredded cheese and a side of sourdough or corn bread.
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!