Cozy Winter SaladDec 05, 2021
I found this salad on Pinterest and like it because it's different than what I typically make and adds in root vegetables, which are a nice comfort during these cold winter months.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) package arugula or baby kale, or baby spinach, fresh
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly-cracked
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, fine
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
To make the dressing:
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to three days.
To roast the potatoes:
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the diced sweet potatoes out on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, and toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated. Season the sweet potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Then bake for about 30 minutes. or until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned/caramelized around the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
To assemble the salad:
Once the sweet potatoes are ready to go, add them to a large serving bowl along with the arugula, avocado, goat cheese, nuts and cranberries. Drizzle with the dressing, and toss until combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!