Creating a HabitJun 30, 2019
I will be the first to say that creating a healthy habit can be challenging, but it is worth it and eventually becomes part of your muscle memory. I say this and think of my passion for running. It once hurt. I once dreaded it. I once hated it. But today, it is a habit for me that I look forward to, plan for and need in my life.
Here are 5 ways that I make something a habit:
- Consistency - I am more likely to accomplish something challenging if I do it in the morning.
- Prepare - I prepare as much as I can. For example, clean running clothes, running clothes picked out, route planned and mapped out.
- Schedule - I create a schedule and put it on my calendar. I do it at the scheduled time, no matter what.
- Overcoming Obstacles - If there is physical or emotional discomfort, I keep going OR I slow down, but I never stop or give up.
- Accountability - I recruit people OR I tell someone my intention so I know that person is going to follow up with me to see if I got it done.
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!