Homemade Nutter ButtersNov 10, 2019
I found this recipe here by registered dietician, Rachael DeVaux and they are absolutely amazing. I am a sucker for peanut butter and when the afternoon hits, I sometimes need a little pick-me-up. These are simple, easy and only require 5, yes 5 ingredients! You probably already have most of what you need in your pantry. Try them out, let me know what you think but mostly, ENJOY!
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then fold in almond flour and baking powder. Roll dough into 1/2-1inch balls and place two of them side by side on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Repeat until you've used all the dough.
- Use a fork to gently press down on each ball, then again 90 degrees in the other direction, making criss cross lines.
- Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Once done, let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread one cookie with filling mixture and press together with a second cookie.
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!