Let's Eat!Apr 03, 2022
A fantastic dish for lunch or dinner - Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls!
- 4 cups prepared orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved and diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch of fresh mint for garnish, if desired.
- Prepare orzo in advance according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle with half of your oregano, basil, salt and pepper over top. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes. Flip chicken over and sprinkle with remaining oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Cut up cucumbers, shallots, and tomatoes. Mix in bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place orzo in bottom of each bowl. Place sliced chicken in bowl. Add veggie mixture in bowl. Add dolls of tzatziki sauce randomly around bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Add sprigs of mint, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!