Steak, Pepper and Onion Salad with Romesco DressingApr 26, 2020
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp oregano leaves
- 1-2 lbs. flank steak
- 2 small red onions, cut into thick slices
- 3 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into wide strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 large head green leaf lettuce, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- Romesco Dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely.
- In a glass dish large enough to hold the steak, whisk together 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the vinegar, orange juice, paprika, garlic, and oregano until well blended. Lay the steak in the dish and turn a few times to coat it evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight, turning once or twice. Let come to room temperature before grilling.
- Prepare a grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat. Oil the grill rack.
- Brush the onions and peppers with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until softened and lightly charred on both sides, 7-10 minutes for the onions and about 15 minutes for the peppers. Transfer to a plate. Remove the meat from the marinade (discard the marinade) and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked to your liking, 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with aluminum foil. Cut the peppers into 1/2-ince strips and seperate the onion slices into rings.
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Divide the lettuce evenly among individual plates. Cut the steak across the grain on the diagonal into thin slices. Top each mound of lettuce with an equal amount of the steak, onion, and peppers. Spoon the dressing over each salad, dividing evenly and sprinkle each with a little parsley. Serve right away.
Ready to work with a registered nurse health coach?!
The time is NOW!